Tuesday 8 February 2011

Reflection week


So far 23 things has been very interesting to me. Though I already felt familiar with a number of things before I started, it has surprised me how much my attitude to some of them has changed. For example, I had played with iGoogle before, but then abandoned it, but by having the time to focus on personalising it for me, I am finding that I regularly using it again - and finding it useful!

One thing I hadn't used before was Google reader, and now (after adding it to my iGoogle page) I am finding it invaluable to keep up with the posts of my other 23 things participants, as well as other blogs I follow, and by having them all in one place, it is saving me time. With the social networking week, I was happy to see other people getting used to Twitter, and in a way it gave me a chance to start with it again 'from scratch' to create a more work orientated account.

The biggest challenge I have found so far has been the actual blogging itself. Though I read blogs, I had never blogged myself. However it is strangely therapeutic organising your thoughts in this way, and a good tool for reflection, so I definitely think I will be looking at this further - in fact I'm already starting to look into tumblr and wordpress!

I'm looking forward to the next half of 23 things, well except for the writing of the Week 7 things! But don't worry, I'm working on the instructions as I type...

No comments:

Post a Comment