Thursday 13 January 2011

The Beginning - Blogging


So here it is, the beginning of 23 things, and the first thing - blogging!

Though I am a bit of a technology and web geek, I must admit that though I love reading blogs I have never actually created my own before. Why? Possibly because I've always thought I've never had anything particular to say. However, 23 things is a perfect opportunity to have a reason to give it a go! And as I am typing this, I can already see the opportunities of sharing new technology, practice and ideas with other members of the global library community, whilst at the same time finding an outlet for my own personal reflection to be recorded.

I'm a member of UoW23 things team, and in my week I'll be looking at the wonderful world of Flickr and YouTube. I already use both of these and I'm also a massive fan of Twitter. As a participant in 23 things I think I'm looking forward most to learning about Diigo and Zotero, both of which I've never used before. I'm also looking forward to Endnote Web, as I haven't used this tool for ages and could do with a refresher.

And if anyone is wondering about the title for my blog - it's a homage to one of my favourite blogs 'Lovely Bicycle', which I would recommend to anyone interested in the subject!
Image credit: Two Bloggers, after Norman Rockwell by Mike Licht

No comments:

Post a Comment