Thursday 20 January 2011

RSS feeds - Things 5 and 6


RSS feeds are something (it turns out) I have been using for a while, without paying much attention to. And I think, in fact, that is the beauty of them - they are easy to link to and provide a ever-changing stream of information. If something takes my eye, I can look into it, if not I can ignore it! It may also be one of the things that will encourage me to use iGoogle (or something like it), as I can then have all the feeds in one central place.


A feature I haven't tried before is Google Reader, and initially it looks quite a nice way of avoiding the problem of cluttering up iGoogle with too many RSS feeds. However it could be something I'll never get round to checking on the computer, though I have just found that there is an app for Google Reader for my phone. So maybe this could be the solution for me, as I'm much more likely to check on things like this when I'm killing time (waiting for a bus etc.). It will be interesting to see how it works on my phone compared to the computer version.

No comments:

Post a Comment