Thursday 20 January 2011

iGoogle - Thing 4


I'm already familiar with the idea of iGoogle, as I have used Gmail as my personal email account for a very long time. However, though I have messed with it before, this week has given me a focus to actually see if I can make it useful for my everyday life. The generic start up includes (understandably) a lot of tech and US based gadgets which were of no use (or interest) to me - however after spending a bit longer browsing through possible things to add, I think I have made iGoogle 'MyGoogle'!


I think the biggest test of such a gadget, is of course, whether I'll continue to use it. The most likely way of this is by making iGoogle my homepage - however I'm not sure if I'll find it just too cluttered to get into. I think that one of the most important things with tools like this is that it is continually used and evolves as the users needs change, so if I don't use and update it, it simply isn't the right option for me. Workwise, the Start.Warwick could be a good option for some, though I feel for me it will be a duplication of stuff I already have elsewhere.
So I think, for me, I'll try iGoogle for a while and see if I connect with it - if not, something better may be out there for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment