Friday 28 January 2011

Faffing with Firefox




I've used Firefox frequently before, as I've always had a huge resentment of WindowsExplorer, partly because of its domination of the internet, and the fact its really clunky. As Firefox has developed over the years I definitely think it's a great alternative.

At home, I've a Mac (which is probably why I don't have any loyalty to any Windows product!), so use Safari frequently too - it's really easy to use, but I do find some websites don't load properly in that browser, so have Firefox installed as a back up.

I've also started using GoogleChrome. I couldn't see why I'd need another browser, until a techie friend sent me a link to The Wilderness Downtown. This site was made for Google Chrome, and needs that browser installed to work, but if you like indie music (particularly the Arcade Fire) its definitely worth it! It particularly shows the feature in Chrome (and HTML 5) of active windows, opening and closing due to (I guess) the programming, rather than the user having to click it, also linking in other google features such as googlemaps. Also its a lovely piece of promotional work, and I think is showing where advertising and music videos will be heading in the very near future.


Image credit: Feuerfuchs5tr by Lordcolus

No comments:

Post a Comment