Friday 4 March 2011

Flickr

Dale Chihuly sculpture at V&A
I've written the instruction for this weeks things, mainly because it gave me a good excuse to spend time properly looking at Flickr and seeing what it could do.

I've had a Flickr account for a few years now - but haven't used it for much, mainly because I didn't have a digital camera of my own. However due to a rather timely birthday present I now have no excuse, and I must say I'm finding it rather addictive... Flickr makes it relatively simple to upload photos and I particularly the way that you can upload and edit photos in bulk.

The groups feature of Flickr I hadn't used until 23 things, but this project was a good reason to investigate. It was easy to set up and a simple process to join as a member. This community aspect of Flickr is something I think really sets Flickr apart from photo galleries which stay only on your computer, and I love the idea of sharing your images with like-minded people. The image included in this post is one of those taken at the V&A with my lovely new camera and also now on my own Flickrpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment