Friday 11 March 2011

Sliding and sharing to the finish line...

Slide Madness by (davide)
SlideShare has been a completely new experience for me. I found the majority of presentations out there of the 'death by powerpoint' variety, not great to search but maybe useful if you're looking for ideas of how samey a lot of powerpoint is. Though not directly about libraries, and more about social media in the commercial sector I found the following item below which I found visually very interesting.

I think the other issue with these presentation is that many of them are  missing the vital information that would have been provided along with them by the speaker, but could be very useful if you are revisiting a presentation you had attended or by a colleague that you would like to share with others.  So I think for SlideShare, I will be using it for ideas and a reminder rather than a search tool for the information itself.

What is Social Media?

View more presentations from Marta Kagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment