Thursday 10 March 2011

Thing 18 - Creative Commons

Creative Commons by Giuli-O
For the duration of 23 things I have usually been illustrating my blog posts using Creative Commons licensed images I have found through Flickr. It's a great way of enhancing any blog, and I'm always surprised at the variety and quality of the images available. Inspired by this I have given some of my own photographs in my Flickr photostream a CC license, and actually start to practice what I preach!

I do think its a great tool to show how sharing information (in this case images) can be hugely beneficial and encourage others to share too. It also shows the strength of a site such as Flickr, in creating a platform where these images can be easily found and shared - and as Flickr is such a huge site, shows how that sharing can be international as well as local. For example the image I am using to illustrate this post is from Italy - how would I have been able to easily find this image and know for certain that I could publish it before Flickr and CC came along?!

No comments:

Post a Comment