Thursday 10 March 2011

Thing 19 - YouTube

I've used YouTube for a number of years now, mainly for social and entertainment (like everyone else probably). I think that years ago there were issues due to slow connection speeds making it difficult to view videos, but I think we are now reaching a point where watching video via the internet is becoming a very usual thing to do. In the case of libraries, I think there is a lot of potential in instruction videos etc. but I think as time progresses these videos will become more sophisticated and 'punchy' as the technology becomes more familiar. One of the simplest and yet most effective library related videos is the one below - I think animation somehow looks often more direct than a person talking.

Though at the same time I still end up returning to slightly er.. 'less professional' videos such as this. I think YouTube has helped to keep alive and bring back memories of clips and programmes long forgotten, which I find endlessly interesting to trawl. However you can lose a lot of time doing this, so beware!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment